Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Backyard Birds--13/14

Yesterday was a great day for looking at the birds around the feeders so I decided to share several pics I grabbed.  The Dark-eyed Junco shown below is also called the "snow bird" for obvious reasons.  While they occasionally will visit the feeder, they prefer to get the seeds that other birds have knocked out of the feeder onto the ground. We seem to have quite a few of them nearly all winter.
Next is another of my favorites--probably because I don't see him as much as some of the others.  The Eastern Towhee prefers to hide in the brush at the back of the yard, but is willing to check out the area under the back bird-feeder.  Ignore Mr. Cardinal in the foreground.

Two other shots I took yesterday are shown below even though they (the birds) have been on my blog earlier--I love the tongue on the woodpecker!  If you click on the photos you can see them enlarged.

No comments: