Monday, February 8, 2010

Park Ridge East Park Polar Panorama

The "polar panorama" below was generated from the 360 panorama below it using the "polar coordinates" Photo Shop distortion filter.  You can see the slide and fort that was in my blog from two days ago at the top of the image.  I did use the patch tool to remove the small part of the tripod that was sneaking in and to patch the snow at the very bottom (or center?) of the image.
Here is the 360 panorama before I converted it. Hugin did a really nice job, with only a few minor stitching problems.  I was using the panorama head I made from an old theodolite and taking a photo every 25deg. for each of the four rows.  This image is reduced for Blogspot, but the original (stitched from four rows of 15 photos) is 15500 x 8400 pixels.

No comments: