Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A moth in 3D

The cute little guy shown here was happily sitting on a piece of white card stock I use for backgrounds, so I quickly took a series of photos to try to capture him in stereo before he took off.  The images from "above" were taken with my FS-2 bioscope and consisted of two series of stacked images combined with Helicon and generated using Stereo Photo Maker.  The second view from the "front" was taken with my D80 hand-held using an extension tube and my 70-300mm zoom with a flash.  SPM was able to properly align and size the images to come up with a pretty good stereo pair.  The anaglyph images must be viewed with red-green glasses and you have to view the side by side images by "uncrossing" your eyes.

 
Three hours later the moth is still sitting on the card stock!

No comments: