Monday, February 20, 2012

Messing with nature

This is a post I actually wrote last winter, but never got around to publishing.  I am still working on getting some quality snowflake photographs using my latest setup.  It is amazing how ugly most snows are, and this winter there has been almost no snows worth looking at!  Since I didn't have any new snowflake images, I dug out some of my older ones and fired up my Photoshop.  I created the following two snowflakes which were a definite improvement over the original:



Just because nature wants snowflakes to have hexagonal symmetry doesn't mean I have to agree.  And if I can have a five spoked snowflake, why not a seven legged starfish!



For details on how (not why!) this was done in Photoshop, check out my "Just Stuff" link.

No comments: