Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bonus picture to celebrate World Pinhole Day!

It turns out that today (Sunday, April 25) is a terrible day for doing any outside photography--we have had 2.5" of rain in the last 24 hours.  I took two photos for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day.  Since their maximum size is 700 pixels I submitted a 3D anaglyph.  The image below is a panorama I shot at the same time.  I reduced the length to a reasonable value for the blog.  Shot at an ISO of 1000 on my Nikon D80, here are eight 10 second  images in the panorama (stitched using Hugin).
If you click on the photo you get the 2500 x 350 image.  The resolution of course is determined by the size of the pinhole (and distance from the sensor).  It is interesting that in spite of the fuzziness, Hugin had no problems (obviously no lens corrections were needed!)

No comments: